Help us help you.
We’re here to help you. Any questions you have – about opening an account, investing, financial advice, or making changes to your account – support is just a click or a phone call away.
B - Opening an account with us
Opening an account with FundsIndia is quick, simple and free. You would just have to do the following:
- Register online on the FundsIndia website by providing your name, address, PAN and bank account details.
- Download your pre-filled application form from the ‘Downloads’ section of your account, sign it, and send it to us along with a few supporting documents. Alternatively, you can request a FundsIndia representative to pick up these documents for you (available in select cities), or you could get your documents verified online through Skype.
That’s it! We’ll take care of the rest. We’ll verify your documents, get you KYC compliant, and get your account investment-ready within 24 hours (if there are no discrepancies).
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has made it mandatory for all online investors to be KYC-registered (Know Your Client). Hence, at FundsIndia, we necessarily require our customers to be KYC compliant.
We have launched a new method of KYC registration to make this step quick and paperless like never before. Called the ‘Aadhaar-based eKYC system’, all you have to do is enter your PAN and Aadhaar number, and that’s it! Your eKYC will be complete. You will be eligible to invest in a selected number of schemes, and you will enjoy access to the full range of services on FundsIndia.
To get access to all the mutual fund schemes in the FundsIndia universe, you’ll have to download, sign and send your KYC registration form (available in the ‘Downloads’ section of your account), along with a few supporting documents. We’ll get you KYC-registered on your behalf.
A cancelled cheque leaf means an original cheque leaf with ‘cancelled’ written across it. As an online investment service, we have to make sure that the bank account with which you’ve registered with us is in your name. To do this, we require a cancelled cheque leaf with your name pre-printed on it. If your name does not appear on the cheque leaf, then you will have to send us your cancelled cheque leaf along with one of the following documents:
- A self-attested copy of your bank statement (from one of last three months)
- A self-attested copy of your bank passbook with some recent transaction entries
This is important to protect the sanctity of all online transactions done through us. Given the importance of this detail, we feel it would be unwise of us to compromise on this request, and accept alternatives.
After you complete your online registration with us, you’ll have to finish just one more small step to start investing, i.e., you’ll have to send us your account-opening documents (a copy of your PAN card, your cancelled cheque leaf, etc.). You will receive an email stating these details / our representative will call you to take you through this step. You can send your documents to us in the following ways:
1. Let us pick-up your documents – Just give us a call on (0) 7667 166 166, and we’ll send our representative over to pick up your account-opening documents.
2. Schedule an appointment for an insta-video call – FundsIndia is the only online investment platform that offers the insta-video call feature. Using this service, any investor who is KYC-registered (with CVL KRA / through our Aadhaar-based eKYC system) can start investing in a host of mutual fund schemes, in a completely paperless manner, in just a few minutes. You can call (0) 7667 166 166 to book an appointment for an insta-video call today.
3. Courier your documents to us – You can print your documents and mail / courier them to us at: Wealth India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd., 3rd Floor, Uttam Building, No. 38 and 39, Whites Road, Royapettah, Chennai – 600 014, Tamil Nadu, India
4. Pre-paid return envelope - If you would like, we could send over a pre-paid return envelope which has been paid for by us. All you have to do is enclose the required account-opening documents, and post it to us.
Once we receive your account-opening documents, your FundsIndia account will be ready for investments in the next 24 hours (if there are no discrepancies in information).
Yes, you can start investing with FundsIndia without submitting any documents, and that too, in just five minutes! Our revolutionary ‘Instant Investing’ process has made this possible. If you are KYC-registered with CVL KRA, and have a bank account in one of our 11 supported banks for this process (Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, J&K Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, SBH, SBI, SBM, SBT and Yes Bank), or if you have completed your KYC through our Aadhaar-based eKYC system, then all you have to do is log in to your FundsIndia account, enter your PAN and bank details, upload a snap of your cheque leaf, and that’s it! You can start investing immediately.
Presently, 21 mutual fund companies are accepting investments through the ‘Instant Investing’ process. They are:
- Axis Mutual Fund
- Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
- BNP Paribas Mutual Fund
- Canara Robeco Mutual Fund
- DSP BlackRock Mutual Fund
- Edelweiss Mutual Fund
- Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund
- HDFC Mutual Fund
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
- IDBI Mutual Fund
- IDFC Mutual Fund
- Kotak Mutual Fund
- L&T Mutual Fund
- Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
- Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
- Principal Mutual Fund
- Reliance Mutual Fund
- Religare Invesco Mutual Fund
- SBI Mutual Fund
- Tata Mutual Fund
- UTI Mutual Fund
To invest in mutual funds from other AMCs, you will have to complete your registration with FundsIndia by sending your account opening documents to us.
A - General
FundsIndia is India’s first value-added investment platform. Created and promoted by Wealth India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd., the platform caters to retail Indian investors all over the world. By creating a FREE-for-life investment account, customers can get access to a wide array of investment products like mutual funds from all Asset Management Companies (AMCs), stocks from the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Fixed Deposits from companies, and more. The platform is renowned for its unique value-added services like Flexible Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs), Value-averaging Investment Plans (VIPs), award-winning expert investment advice, Money Mitr, and more that help investors get more out of their investments.
You can click here to read more about FundsIndia.com.
No, FundsIndia is an online-only investment platform. You can access all our products and services online by simply logging onto www.fundsindia.com.
At FundsIndia, we go out of our way to make sure that confidential information pertaining to your account and investments are never compromised online. Your FundsIndia account has been equipped with the best online safety and protection tools that ensure that all your investment transactions always take place in a reliable and secure manner. Our services are hosted in top-security, tier-4 data centres in multiple locations. All our investors’ data is backed up daily and stored in a continuously replicated model. Network communication with browsers are protected with a 256-bit encryption, using a Thawte issued security certificate.
At the outset, we are a well-founded company with a sound business model, and excellent financial backing. We will be here to serve our customers for a long time to come. However, keeping our investors’ interests in mind, we’ve made sure that all investments – mutual funds, equities, corporate deposits, etc. – made via FundsIndia, are made entirely in the name of the investor. These investments will be fully and freely available for direct access by the investor at any time, should something unfortunate happen to us. As our customer, you do not need to worry on this count at all.
Using FundsIndia, an investor can invest in a variety of financial products like mutual funds, equities, corporate fixed deposits, and more. To do this, he can easily link with his bank, and make investments online in a secured manner. Moreover, an investor can take advantage of FundsIndia’s value-added services like free financial advisory services, India’s most comprehensive robo-advisory service – Money Mitr, flexible Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs), trigger-based investing, and several other beneficial investment features. Existing offline holdings can be easily transferred to FundsIndia, thereby making the tracking and maintaining of investments simple and effective.
FundsIndia offers unparalleled value-added services in a power-packed online platform that had never been envisaged in India before. Some of the value-added services offered by FundsIndia are:
1. Money Mitr – FundsIndia kick-started the country’s first robo-advisory service through ‘Smart Solutions’ – a service that offered systematic investing for different goals. Now, Smart Solutions has been revamped to develop the revolutionary automated investment service – ‘Money Mitr’. Money Mitr goes beyond the traditional long-term SIP portfolio design followed by traditional robo-advisory services to address all the investment requirements an investor may have. Using this service, investors can invest in a lump sum manner, as well as make investments across multiple time-frames. Such a comprehensive, automated advisory service is the first of its kind in India.
2. Trigger-based Investing – With FundsIndia, investors can set investment triggers based on the performance of the Sensex, portfolio returns and a particular Net Asset Value (NAV). Different trigger actions like switching investments, investment, or redemption (partial or full) can also be set depending on the financial targets and goals of the investor.
3. Value-averaging Investment Plan (VIP) – FundsIndia holds the distinction of being the first financial services platform in India to offer Value-averaging Investment Plans (VIPs) to investors. With this service, investors can invest more when markets are low and less when markets are high. The platform also offers Value-averaging Transfer Plans (VTP) to investors. With this tool, investors can fund investments with existing investments that are available in another scheme of the same fund family, instead of using a bank account. These methods promise better returns than SIPs, while allowing investors to maintain the same risk level.
4. Variety of SIPs – FundsIndia offers a variety of SIPs: Step-up SIP, Flexi-SIP and Alert SIP. The Step-up SIP service is useful for investors who would like to gradually increase their contribution towards a particular financial goal. The Flexi-SIP service allows an investor to change the investment amount on a monthly basis, depending on his affordability or market conditions. The Alert SIP service allows investors to invest in SIPs without an ECS mandate.
5. Portfolio X-Ray – FundsIndia, in collaboration with MorningStar, provides the Portfolio X-Ray service that gives an investor a personalised report of his investment portfolio – asset allocation, investment style, stock sectors, regions of the world where his investments are spread across, top 10 holdings and just about everything he needs to know about his portfolio.
6. SIPs on ETFs – With FundsIndia, you can set up SIPs on ETFs. ETFs have a significantly lower expense ratio and by investing in them through SIPs, investors get the added advantage of investing in the stock market in a systematic manner.
7. Equity Baskets – FundsIndia’s Equity Baskets are a customised mini-portfolio of equities handpicked by the Equity Research Department of FundsIndia. Investors seeking to invest in large-cap and mid-cap stocks can opt for this service. It constitutes stocks with an established track record of high quality corporate governance.
8. FundsIndia Academy – FundsIndia Academy (FIA) is a FREE personal finance awareness initiative by FundsIndia. Unlike other such initiatives available online, FIA is not just a set of videos and essays. It is a comprehensive personal finance course that one can complete to achieve fluency in managing money. At the end of the course, participants will get a certificate signifying the completion of the course.
fundsindia Escalation matrix
We, at FundsIndia, are committed to resolving all your issues to your utmost satisfaction. In case you are unsatisfied with the response you have received for your query, we request you to follow our escalation matrix.
GET OUR ADVICE REVIEWED
Want a second opinion on the advice you’ve received from a FundsIndia advisor?
Presenting the FundsIndia Advisory Review Board (ARB), a mechanism by which you can seek a review and a second-opinion about the advice you’ve received from our advisors. To seek counsel from the ARB, just write to us at email@example.com, enclosing the advice you’ve received, along with any specific questions or comments that you may have. We’ll get back to you shortly. To know more about the ARB, please click here.